Built in 1899 by Albert C. Burrage, this Back Bay home was the epitome of style. The house was designed by Charles Brigham in the French Chateauesque style and appointed with the finest European marble, mahogany, stained glass and mosaic tiles.
Purchased in 2001, ELV saw the opportunity to rehabilitate and renovate the mansion into several high-end luxury condominium units. The mansion's renovation into five luxury residences included reunifying the oval dining room, matching its limestone fireplace mantel, mahogany paneling and ornate plaster-ceiling detail, but also subdividing the lobby without marring its historical integrity. All five units sold upon completion in 2003, supporting a 37% IRR over the holding period.